Visa for Finland

Shengen cooperation between EU and some non-EU countries entitles every resident in the Schengen area to move freely in the are without being subjected to border checks.

Schengen Area includes most of the EU countries as well as some non-EU countries.

Schengen Area

Picture: European Commission 1/7/2013

Residents of the Schengen area can move freely inside the borders and stay in any Schengen country up to three months.

Crossing the external borders to the Schengen Area requires residence in the area or a visa.

Visa types

For NIDE course we recommend you to apply for Uniform Schengen Visa - category C. This Visa allows you to stay in a Schengen country for a certain shorter period of time, depending on the visa validity. You can choose between a Single-, Double- or Multiple-entry Visa according to your travel plan. A short stay visa for less than 90 days costs 60 EUR.

Visa requirements

  • Passport
  • One passport photo
  • Travel insurance
  • A cover letter for the purpose of the travel
  • Short profile of the applicants working place
  • Current bank statements
  • Letter from the employer to state the purpose of the travel and covered travel costs
  • The invitation letter from NIDE with covered travel costs
  • Hotel and plane ticket reservations

Invitation for Visa

To prepare the invitation letter for visa, we need to know following information about you:

  • Full name
  • Nationality
  • Passport number
  • Passport expiry date
  • Date or birth
  • Sex

More information:

Schengen Visa Information
European Commission