Academic Coordinator (Dentistry)
The Nordic Institute of Dental Education (NIDE) is a joint venture of Planmeca and the University of Turku. It offers continued education courses to international dental professionals who look to expand their expertise. NIDE’s academically accredited education programs cover a wide range of topics within aesthetic, restorative, adhesive and digital dentistry.
Do you feel passionate about sharing the Finnish dentistry philosophy globally? Our team is looking for an experienced dental professional based in Finland, who wants to design and execute future programs for digital dentistry education with us.
Your work includes:
- Regular contact and visits to the University of Turku and other Planmeca partner universities
- Recruiting dental professionals, scientific researchers and key opinion leaders as lecturers
- Managing the network of existing lecturers in different countries
- Planning the course contents together with the NIDE team
- Reviewing the course materials and clinical case studies
- Managing the academic accreditations, including ECTS admission from the University of Turku and the recognition process with the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Quality assurance of the courses: collecting and analysing the participant feedback
- Market research and competitor analysis in selected strategic markets
- Coordinating the course materials and organisational details with the lecturers, facility management and dental material companies (Ivoclar, GC etc.)
- Educational content creation and planning of e-learning courses for general dentistry or other areas of expertise
- PhD in dentistry, strong academic track record and solid understanding of the current trends in dentistry
- Clinical and digital dentistry experience (CAD/CAM, 3D, digital implant workflows)
- Ability to conceptualise new education programs
- Profound understanding of the accreditation systems and quality of education
- Understanding the education export possibilities from the university perspective
- Excellent communication and social skills, proactive and positive attitude
- Fluency in English, other languages are an advantage (Finnish and other Nordic languages)
- Other business experience is an advantage
We offer you:
- Interesting position in an established educational organisation in the field of dental technology
- Versatile, interesting and challenging assignments
- Excellent opportunity to utilise and develop your knowledge and skills in a globally growing organisation
- Firm support of a skilled team
For more information about this position, please contact the CEO of Nordic Institute of Dental Education Thomas Koponen: thomas.koponen(a)nordicdented.com or +358 20 779 5464.
How to apply
Please send your application and CV with salary request to info(a)nordicdented.com. Please include in the email a short summary of why you want to influence dental education. We will be reviewing applications as they arrive.
Part-time or as an independent contractor through a sole proprietor company (Tmi) or a limited company (Oy)
Helsinki, Finland or remote with access to University of Turku facilities
We are looking forward to your application!